This bowl is perfect for a healthy night in with a great level of spice. For any time of the year, you can mix in any of your favorite in season vegetables.
8 oz thin rice noodles
1 cup vegetable broth
2 Tbs red curry paste
½ tsp grated lime zest
2 Tbs lime juice
2 Tbs minced fresh ginger
1 Tbs peanut butter
1 Tbs coconut palm sugar
2 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbs arrowroot flour
4 heads of baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
1 large head broccoli, chopped
1 cup snow peas
4 carrots, chopped
jackfruit, tofu, or additional favorite protein meat substitute
½ cup green onions, sliced
- Cook noodles according to packaged directions. When done, drain them, and run under cold water. Measure out 1 Tbs of the vegetable broth and set it aside in a small glass.
- Bring the remaining broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add the curry paste, lime zest, lime juice, ginger, peanut butter, sugar, soy sauce, and garlic; mix well.
- In the glass with the broth previously set aside, mix in arrowroot flour until all chunks are dissolved. Pour into the simmering sauce and whisk until sauce begins getting thick. Remove from heat and let it cool on the side.
- In a large pan or wok heat oil over medium heat. Add bok choy, and broccoli. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add snow peas and carrots and cook until everything is cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle salt over the cooked vegetables.
- Assemble bowls by placing a handful of noodles, then adding the vegetables and choice of protein. Top with sauce and green onions.