Pesto Egg Scramble
8 mini bella mushrooms
½ cup almond milk
2 Tbs pesto
½ bunch kale, chopped
4 Tbs nutritional yeast
- In a medium bowl scramble eggs, milk, pesto, kale, and nutritional yeast and set aside.
- Prep mushrooms by washing and removing the stems. In a medium frying pan heat coconut oil over medium heat. Place mushrooms tops sides up and cook for 4 minutes or until browned, moving mushrooms around to prevent sticking. Put mushrooms aside.
- Cook eggs in pan until cooked thoroughly and remove from heat. Scoop out eggs into mushroom caps in equal amounts until all caps are full.
Nutritional Facts: per 2 mushrooms
166 cal; 11g total fat (0g sat fat); 8g carb; 116mg sod; 0g fiber; 12g protein; 0g sugars
Quinoa and Spinach
½ cup cooked quinoa
24 mini bella mushrooms
3 garlic cloves
½ onion, diced
½ bunch spinach, chopped
2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs ground walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Remove mushroom stems and dice stems and set aside. In a large skillet, add garlic and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add quinoa, spinach, diced mushroom stems and Parmesan cheese, mix well. Allow to cook for a few minutes until combined.
Add walnuts and mix again. Remove from heat. Fill each mushroom with equal amounts of quinoa filling. Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes
Nutritional Facts: per 4 mushrooms
66 cal; 2g total fat (0g sat fat); 8g carb; 75mg sod; 0g fiber; 5g protein; 0g sugars
4 large portabella mushrooms
cherry tomatoes, halved
mozzarella cheese, dried to reduce amount of water run off when cooking
1 Tbs olive oil
½ avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with foil. Brush the mushroom caps and rims with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl toss tomatoes, olive oil, chopped basil, and salt and pepper. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the flavors meld.
- Place mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture in each mushroom cap and bake until cheese melts and mushrooms are cooked, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with avocado and drizzle balsamic vinegar.
Nutritional Facts: per mushroom
168 cal; 14g total fat (0g sat fat); 7g carb; 132mg sod; 0g fiber; 7g protein; 0g sugars