This pizza is so light and tasty you wont be thinking you are eating pizza at all. It also wont make you feel bloated like other pizzas. If I had to create my own pizza at a restaurant this would be my take on a margarita pizza. Feel free to add your own toppings or change up the toppings below (nutitional facts below are based on crust and toppings below).
1 medium head cauliflower
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
¼ cup brown rice flour
¼ cup arrowroot flour
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
¾ tsp garlic powder
1½ tbsp peanut butter
¼ cup pesto
¼ cup mozerella cheese, ripped into pieces
sun dried tomatoes, till desired
artichoke hearts, till desired
basil, till desired
red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse cauliflower until cut into very small, rice-sized bits. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with oil, salt and pepper. Spread cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and roast 20 minutes, tossing halfway through and smoothing back out on baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine flaxseed meal, rice flour, arrowroot, yeast and garlic powder. Add cooked cauliflower and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter and 2 tbsp water until smooth. Add peanut butter mixture to cauliflower, then knead by hand to fully incorporate. Shape into a compact ball.
- Place dough ball in center of upside down baking sheet, and lay second piece of parchment on top. Press to slightly flatten, and use a rolling pin to smooth out into a rectangle mating the sheet . Peel away top layer of parchment (reserve for next step), and use your fingers to smooth and round dough edges. Bake 20 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned and crispy.
- Remove pizza crust from oven, and cover with reserved parchment. Place a second baking sheet on top, right side up. Sandwich the crust between baking sheets, flip everything over, and remove hot baking sheet and top parchment. Top crust with pesto sauce, sundried tomatoes, mozzerella cheese, artichoke hearts, and basil and bake 5 minutes more, or until toppings are hot and bubbly. Transfer to large cutting board. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and cut into 10 slices.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
368 cal; 23g total fat (4g sat fat); 33g carb; 322mg sod; 11g fiber; 14g protein; 4g sugars