Buddha bowls are filled with natural, healthy, and delicious ingredients and this recipe is no exception. It is jam packed with protein and carbs making it a perfect post workout meal. It is also super easy to make and can be made in larger batches and saved in the refrigerator making it an easy meal prep meal.
1 cup diced sweet potato
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 cups cauliflower, chopped
2 cups kale and spinach mix, chopped
½ cup rice
¾ tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp oregano
2 Tbs Harissa sauce
½ cup chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cook rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, add sweet potato and garlic to a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip sweet potato and add cauliflower to the baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add kale and spinach to the sheet, drizzle with oil and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and mix in the chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Divide rice among bowls and place vegetables around rice. Top with chickpeas and a tablespoon of Harissa sauce.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
302 cal; 10g protein; 9.5g total fat (1g sat fat); 47g carb; 0mg chol; 297mg sod; 9g fiber; 7g sugars