Coconut Macaroon Eggs
Makes about 20 macaroons
14 oz. unsweetened flaked coconut
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
¼ cup canned cream of coconut
1 oz cream cheese
3 Tbs Brown Rice Flour Mix
1 large egg white
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325F. Position rack in center of oven. Line cookie sheet with heavy foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Chop ½ flaked coconut with the confectioners sugar in a food processor for one minute. Add to a large bowl.
- Mix in cream of coconut, cream cheese, flour, egg white, vanilla, and salt mix until a soft dough is formed
- Place remaining coconut into a few small bowls. Place a couple of drops of food dye into each bowl to lightly dye the coconut. Shape teaspoons of dough into an egg shape and drop into the coconut and roll to coat completely. Place onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake in center of oven for about 20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.
*This recipe is based off of a recipe from Gluten-Free Baking Classics
Makes about 10 cutout shapes
1 cup plus 2 Tbs Brown Rice Flour Mix
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tsp xanthan gum
5 Tbs unsalted butter
3 large eggs
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp salt
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 tsps grated lemon rind
½ tsp pure lemon extract
confectioners sugar and m&ms for toppings
- Preheat oven to 350F. Position rack in center of oven. Grease bottom of 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and generously dust with rice flour.
- Put 1 cup of the flour, sugar, and xanthan gum in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer to blend. Add butter and mix on low speed until crumbly. Press dough into bottom of baking pan.
- Bake in center of oven for 15 minutes or until very light golden.
- Beat eggs in large bowl at high speed until foamy. Add sugar, remaining 2 Tbs of flour, baking powder, salt, lemon juice, lemon rind, and lemon extract. Beat until well blended. Pour onto partially baked crust.
- Bake in center of oven for 20 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack. Cut with cookie cutters and remove from baking pan onto serving plate. Sift confectioners sugar over tops. Place mini m&ms ontop for decorations. Serve slightly chilled.