You can top this breadsticks with any of your favorite toppings or leave it as is and make a pizza out of it.
½ cup quinoa
3 tsp olive oil, divided
1 cup water
2 large eggs
1½ tsp garlic powder
1½ tsp salt
½ tsp dried oregano leaves
½ tsp dried basil leaves
½ tsp baking powder
¾ cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese, divided
1 tomato, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- Place the uncooked quinoa into a fine mesh strainer and run under cool water for about a minute until water runs clear. Add the rinsed quinoa and 2 teaspoons of olive oil to a medium sauce pan. Turn the heat to medium high and stir occasionally for 6-7 minutes.
- Carefully add the water to the toasted quinoa and cover. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Let the quinoa cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and turn the heat to low. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer the cooked quinoa in a large bowl and let it cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven 425 F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, remaining oil, garlic powder, salt, herbs, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Add ¼ cup of cheese to the quinoa. Stir to combine. Add the egg mixture to the quinoa and stir until well combined.
- Spread the quinoa dough into a ¼inch thick, even layer on the parchment paper. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Top with remaining cheese, tomato, and zucchini slices.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
295 cal; 17g total fat (1g sat fat); 27g carb; 1299mg sod; 5g fiber; 8g protein; 3g sugars