These mini eggplant lasagnas are a perfect healthy way to hit that spot for some comforting pasta dish. They are also super easy to make and look like you took a lot of time to make it. You can also serve it with a nice side salad if you wish for a little more on the plate.
2 Tbs avocado oil
salt and pepper, to taste
6 Tbs prepared marinara sauce
6 Tbs prepared pesto
16 Tbs gluten-free reduced fat ricotta cheese
4 Tbs gluten-free freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 475F. Lightly oil 2 baking sheets and set aside. Slice eggplant into 24 (½-inch thick) slices. Arrange in a single layer on each baking sheet. Evenly brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 425 F.
- Assemble in 8 stacks on one of the baking sheets in the following manner:
- 1 eggplant slice, ½ Tbs marinara sauce, 1 Tbs ricotta cheese, a light sprinkle of oregano, and pepper;
- 1 eggplant slice, ½ Tbs marinara sauce, 1 Tbs ricotta cheese, a light sprinkle of oregano, and pepper; and
- 1 eggplant slice, ½ Tbs marinara sauce, ½ Tbs Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and eggplant is heated through. Serve warm.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
319 cal; 22g total fat (4g sat fat); 23g carb; 437mg sod; 5g fiber; 11g protein; 11g sugars