What better way to enjoy the holidays than with some gingersnap cookies and some tea or hot cocoa? This recipe is just perfect for the holidays that everyone will enjoy. You can even let the little ones decorate with icing if you prefer.
Makes about 50 cookies
¾ cup vegetable shortening
1 cup coconut palm sugar
1 large egg
¼ cup molasses
1¾ cups gluten free all purpose flour mix
¼ cup sweet rice sorghum flour
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp salt
- Beat shortening and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat in egg and molasses until smooth.
- Add flours, baking soda, xanthan gum, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Mix to form into a soft dough. using parchment paper flatten dough into a square. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Position rack in center of oven. Lightly grease cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Use your hands to shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in confectioners’ sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack and cool. Store in airtight container.
Nutritional Facts: per cookie
68 cal; 3g total fat (<1g sat fat); 10g carb; 63mg sod; <1g fiber; <1g protein; 5g sugars