These veggie sandwiches are perfect for a picnic or even lunch meal prep throughout the week. They are super delicious with jam packed flavor. You could even add a bit of cheese if you desire. Serve with some chips or yuca fries for a complete meal.
2 medium zucchinis, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
½ lb. green beans, trimmed
½ cup roasted peppers, rinsed, drained, and cut into ½-inch strips
3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
2 ½ Tbs. olive tapenade spread
Gluten free bread
¼ cup avocado oil
2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. parsley, coarsely chopped
½ tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheet with nonstick spray. Lay zucchini slices in single layer and coat with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 10 minutes. Turn, and bake 10 minutes more, or until browned and tender.
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Dry well with paper towels.
- To make Vinaigrette: Blend oil, vinegar, parsley, mustard and sugar in blender until smooth.
- Toast bread and spread tapenade on bottom half. Brush with vinaigrette. Spread green beans over tapenade, and press firmly. Lay red pepper slices on top, followed by egg slices and zucchini.
- Brush top bread slice generously with vinaigrette, and set over zucchini slices. Press sandwich together. Chill 1 to 4 hours. Repeat with remaining ingredients, and serve with any remaining vinaigrette.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
360 cal; 21g total fat (13g sat fat); 36g carb; 711mg sod; 5g fiber; 9g protein; 8g sugars
*This recipe is based off of a recipe from Vegetarian Times Magazine