These meatballs or shall we say vegballs are absolutely delicious. Simply cook up some spiraled vegetable noodles (for example butternut squash or zucchini) or even some spaghetti squash. Pop in the vegballs and add a simple tomato or pesto sauce on top and bam you have a full healthy gluten free vegetarian dinner for the whole family.
4 cups broccoli florets
1 cup raw chopped almonds
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbs nutritional yeast
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stream broccoli florets 7 minutes, or until tender and bright green. Set aside to cool.
- Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Pulse broccoli in food processor until chopped. Transfer to bowl with ground almonds. Add Parmesan, basil, parsley, garlic, cayenne, and nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Whisk eggs in small mixing bowl, then stir eggs into broccoli mixture.
- Shape mixture into 12 meatballs by hand, pressing firmly to ensure Meatballs hold their shape. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
312 cal; 21g total fat (3g sat fat); 17g carb; 170mg sod; 8g fiber; 19g protein; 3g sugars
*This recipe is based off of a recipe from Vegetarian Times Magazine