Quinoa is extremely versatile and super easy to make. I especially love having some warm quinoa in the fall and winter since it tends to have that hearty feel to it. Here are some easy ways to add some delicious quinoa to any of your favorite meals. I used tricolor quinoa however feel free to make it your own.
Makes about 10 regular (20 mini)
1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
1 cup spinach, chopped
1 cup red pepper, chopped
1 small shallot, diced
2 Tbs nutritional yeast
1 Tbs flaxseed meal
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray muffin tin.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until well combined. Divide the mixture into cups and press down to pack firmly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
¼ cup quinoa, cooked
1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
½ cup cauliflower, chopped
½ cup tomato diced
gluten free tortillas
2 tsp coconut oil
- Combine quinoa, cheese, cauliflower, and tomato in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture among gluten free tortillas and place another tortilla on top (use one tortilla and fold over if using large tortillas).
- Heat 1 tsp oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Place quesadillas in skillet and cook until browned. Cut into slices to serve.*Note: Add another tsp of oil after every 2 quesadillas
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 Tbs sunflower oil
1½ cup vegetable broth
3 Tbs coconut oil, divided
2 shallots, diced
1 cup quinoa
⅔ cup white wine
1 Tbs thyme, chopped
½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with sunflower oil. Bake mushrooms for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable broth in microwave for 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs coconut oil and shallots in a saucepan over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and cook for another 2 minutes. Stir in wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add ½ cup of the broth, stir, and let simmer and reduce.
- When it has mostly reduced add another ½ cup of the broth, stir, simmer, and let reduce.
- Repeat step 5 until all the broth has been used and has reduced. Add mushrooms and thyme.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 Tbs melted coconut oil and cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and well combined. Season with salt and pepper.