These bar are super filling and delicious. They make the perfect breakfast meal with some fruit and or yogurt. They are also full of healthy goodness that will keep you energized for the day. You can substitute the dried cherries for cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, or really anything to make them more fitted for you.
Makes 24 bars
1½ cup rolled oats
1 cup pitted dates
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup seeds
¼ cup flaxseeds
¼ cup dried cherries
¼ cup agave nectar
¼ cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread oats out on a baking sheet evenly. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Process dates in food processor until just small bits remain and move to a medium bowl. Add oats, seeds, dates, and cherries to the bowl and set aside.
- Heat honey and almond butter in a small sauce pan over low heat. Stir mixture until smooth. Pour honey and almond butter over the oat mixture and stir together until well coated.
- Transfer to an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Press down firmly to make sure the nuts stick together. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Remove from the fridge and chop into bars.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
91 cal; 2g protein; 4g total fat (0g sat fat); 13g carb; 0mg chol; 7mg sod; 2g fiber; 7g sugars