This recipe uses a vegetable soup base with indian curry spices to create a delicious hybrid of the two. It is both light and filling and very easy to make. The cauliflower rice soaks up the spices of the sauce to intensify the flavor while being a light replacement for normal rice.
1 Tbs coconut oil
Pinch of salt
- Cut cauliflower into pieces and transfer into food processor (process in batches if necessary). Pulse until completely broken down.
- Pull out any florets or large pieces and reprocess large pieces.
- Heat up coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Stir in cauliflower rice and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes.
2 garlic cloves
1 Tbs shaved ginger
½ cup water
1 cup chopped carrots
1 red bell pepper
1 cup chopped portabella mushrooms
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup zucchini
2 dried chile peppers
2½ cups coconut milk
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp turmeric
1 Tbs curry powder
1 lime (juiced)
½ cup sage
½ cup fresh mint
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, ½ cup water to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large pan, cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat. Add ½ cup of coconut milk and continue to cook covered for 7-8 minutes. Add carrots, pepper, and mushrooms, and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, zucchini, dried peppers, remaining 2 cups of coconut milk, and spices. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Uncover and stir in lime juice, mint, and sage. Remove dried peppers and serve over cauliflower rice.
Nutritional Facts: per serving
451 cal; 9g protein; 20 total fat (<1g sat fat); 32g carb; 0mg chol; 685 mg sod; 11g fiber; 14g sugars